According to Faden’s 1797 map of Norfolk it was in the area where the farmhouse currently stands. However, this map is notoriously inaccurate and the house, although old enough, is probably too small. Hoveton Hall as it now stands is a fine Regency house built of gault brick with a slate roof and the design is attributed to Humphry Repton and his son John Adey Repton, bearing marked similarities to Sheringham Hall which was Repton’s last commission. It was built between 1809 and 1812 for Christobella Burroughes (nee Negus) and her husband James and then passed on to their son Henry. On his death in 1876 the house and land was sold to Sir Jacob Preston.
Owned by the Buxton family since 1946 this very special place is the family home to Harry, Rachel and their children Samuel, William, Charlotte and Juliet.